Point Addressing Enables Accurate Geocoding and Destination Selection
NAVTEQ® map and location content are recognized as one of the industry’s most comprehensive and accurate sources for Enterprise geocoding and destination selection for “to the door” arrival. Addressing is a fundamental data element for these applications. To this end, NAVTEQ has developed Point Addressing content which offers the highest accuracy to traditional address-interpolated Enterprise geocoding and destination selection applications.
Point Addressing is more precise and offers increased value for the following map database situations:
- Rural road segments with long links
- Dense urban street networks of areas with narrow lots where interpolated logical addresses could be off by numerous lots
- Areas where addresses are not in a standard sequential scheme
- Areas where address ranges are unknown and data is unavailable
- Areas where multiple buildings or units with entrances on unnamed geometry share one street address
NAVTEQ provides two distinct locations for each Point Address, including a point on the road and a point that is the centroid of the parcel for the address.
Enterprise Geocoding for Location Processing
Many Enterprise applications seek to generate a precise location from geospatial databases to pass it along to subsequent processes. Examples are determining a location for consideration against financial risk management models, routing a 911 call to the appropriate PSAP call center, using location for demographic analysis, and deploying a field service engineer for repair or maintenance activities. Such actionable processes are well suited to Oracle enterprise data base deployments. The Point Addressing product is available with NAVTEQ’s industry leading ODF (Oracle Delivery Format). The NAVTEQ ODF data base is the premier content for all Oracle technologies and applications, including but not limited to:
- Oracle Locator and Spatial
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) JDeveloper and MapViewer
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Asset Management (MWM)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Field Service
- Oracle Real-time Scheduler (ORS)
- Oracle Transportation Management (OTM)
See www.navteq.com and www.navteq.com/oracle for more information.